My excitement over the impending theatrical release of The Avengers has reached fever pitch – actually, that happened quite some time ago, but maybe that’s obvious? – and I have long been contemplating doing something here on the blog during the month leading up to opening night to help ease some of the anxious, oh, God, it’s almost here energy zipping through my veins. What better way to kick things off than with a giveaway?
I’ve already assembled – see what I did there? [insert dopey grin here] – the base of the prize pack, which you can see below, but that won’t be all the chosen (by Random.org) winner will receive. Over the course of the month I will be adding an item or two or more to the pot (including, all things depending, any goodies I may pick up at Boston Comic Con). I will post new items as they are added (or perhaps not; a surprise might be nice too), but in order to enter you must comment on THIS post. Make sense?
Okay. What I’ve put together so far:
- Captain America: The First Avenger (Surely you didn’t think I’d hold an Avengers giveaway and not include this.)
- The Avengers t-shirt
- A Tokidoki Marvel which-one-will-you-get? itty-bitty figure (What are these things called anyway?)
- A little pouch with chibi Cap, Iron Man and Thor depicted in all of their adorable glory
- Avengers Assemble #1 (This is the first issue; I’m going to do my best to collect each one that’s released before the giveaway is drawn to include in the prize pack. No guarantees, though.)
The fine print:
- Open until May 4th
- US addresses only (please and sorry!)
- Comment on this post to be included in the drawing
- I will notify the winner via email on May 5th or 6th
Over the next month, expect to see a LOT of Avengers related posts, including thoughts on various Avengers (group and solo) graphic novels, fan art and fan fiction finds, and a shockingly (or not) large number of
Chris Evans Captain America pictures.
<–You’ll also find this winging its way to you if Random.org generates your number.
I reviewed it here (examples of the artwork are included in the post if you’re curious). I loved it from start to finish (though the two Avengers stories were my favorite of the six).
Hopefully, someone will want what’s being offered in this giveaway, and if it’s you, good luck!
Just added (4/21):